Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Resume Builder: Experience Section & More on the Experience Matrix

I spent about a half hour reentering my reflection for the square that I lost. Incedentally, I think the problem was that at some point I used the back button. I don't think Sakai is very friendly with the back button. I also noticed that the squares don't seem to change if I enter a reflection, they only show icons for the attachments I've added. This leaves me somewhat confused about what completed, locked, and pending mean in the legend at the bottom.

I also worked on the experience section of the resume builder. Under description of responsibilities, I'm assuming that whatever I enter will automatically be shown as a bulleted list, judging by the examples.

While working on the experience section of the resume builder, I was uncertain as to weather I should include positions which don't directly relate to my field. For example, should I include my jobs at Applebee's as a server and UPS as a package loader? I know they do not demonstrate any knowledge of technical skills, but they do show that I have worked consistently through college and that I know the value of hard work (commiserating with another former UPS package loader is always a helpful bonus in job interviews.)

No comments: