Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Survey Questions

  1. I found that the most challenging aspect of the process was trying to complete the portfolio at the end of my college career. Had I been able to work on the portfolio each year or each semester, I would have been better prepared to tie it all together at the end and make observations about how I have improved.
  2. The portfolio could be improved by giving more control over the presentation and inclusion of matrix squares to the user.
  3. I think the first year students will respond well to the portfolio. There are certainly aspects of the portfolio which are not relevant to first year students, but I think that the portfolio will give them a unique opportunity to step back and consider where their current path is taking them.
  4. 70% of the students who start their portfolios in their first year will still be updating them when they are juniors. I think some students will not see the utility of the portfolio until their senior year when they are preparing to enter the workforce or apply to grad school.
  5. Most of the instructions are easy to follow, but there were some points where I was confused, which I explained in my journal
  6. I do feel I learned something about my Rutgers experience. There were skills I acquired at Rutgers and elsewhere during my college career that I had not considered, and others which I would not have felt prepared to explain in an interview or resume until I completed the portfolio.
  7. Now that I have worked on the portfolio, I have quite a bit of content to add to my portfolio on my personal website. I also feel that I am better prepared for an interview.
  8. I am graduating in October, but I will most likely return to the Rutgers portfolio at least once more as I continue searching for a job.

No comments: