Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More on the Experience Matrix

For the Oral Communication/Coursework & Projects square I uploaded a video of a 15 minute class I taught half of. I noticed that there weren't any reflective questions for this square. I decided to also upload the reflection paper I wrote for that course and I put a brief description of the assignment in the reflection area.

I am curious as to whether I should occasionally ignore the questions presented in a square in favor of describing an experience which fits the square's location but doesn't answer the square's reflexion question. For example, I was considering describing my time working as a waiter in the Internship/Oral Communication square. I could describe how my time as a waiter helped me become more comfortable in both public speaking and one on one conversations with interviewers and customers. I have also considered describing my job as a lab assistant and tutor at Brookdale Community College as an experience where I learned to use my oral communication skills to help students troubleshoot their problems and learn more about their problem areas (as opposed to simply providing them with the correct answers)

I found myself occasionally having to open a new window to look back at the reflection question I was in the process of answering. I would be easier to answer the question if it were displayed on the page that I enter my answer.

I completed 2 squares in about 2 hours, but one of the squares was lost when "and unexpected error occurred" I wish there was an auto-save feature like there is for this blog.

No comments: